Laminate flooring has become increasingly popular in both residential and commercial properties for many reasons. It is easy to install, fashionable, versatile, durable, and cost-effective in comparison to other flooring materials. Since its inception, laminate flooring technology has advanced significantly.
There are many alternatives to laminate flooring in Seattle such as hardwood, tile, carpet, vinyl, etc., but none offer the same benefits or affordability. However, much like with any product, there are pros and cons to laminate flooring.
Learn more about the positive attributes as well as the drawbacks of laminate flooring below. If you are unsure of the type of flooring material that suits your home and budget best, contact our experts at Home Care Contractors to discuss your needs and request your free quote today.
Pros and Cons of Laminate Flooring
Those interested in the benefits of laminate flooring in Seattle are often curious about the cost, durability, maintenance, and installation process. In general, laminate floors are budget-friendly, aesthetically pleasing, and have a reputation for durability. They are designed to fit any lifestyle. There are many benefits of installing laminate flooring, but all homeowners should also be aware of potential drawbacks before making a final choice.
Pros of Laminate Flooring in Seattle
Laminate floor manufacturers have tirelessly toiled for decades to make improvements. Nowadays, high-quality laminate floors are can be almost indistinguishable from hardwood, stone, and other top materials to the non-professional eye. A few common pros of laminate flooring include:
- Easy Installation: In comparison to hardwood floors, carpet, and tile, laminate floors are relatively easy to install. This ease of installation helps to keep the overall cost down.
- Cost-Effective: Laminate floors are sometimes referred to as the best of both worlds. It can have a unique and elegant design while costing a fraction of the price of other materials.
- Stain and Allergen Resistant: Laminate floors are stain-resistant and are less likely to hold on to allergens such as dander, dust, and other pollutants.
- Versatile: This material can be installed in just about every area of your home. It is designed to fit most lifestyles and is a top choice for those with children, pets, or adventurous hobbies.
- Durable: High-quality laminate floors in low traffic rooms can last for as long as 25 years.
Cons of Laminate Flooring in Seattle
While there are a plethora of positive characteristics of laminate flooring in Seattle, it is not perfect. A few drawbacks of laminate flooring include susceptibility to moisture damage, can be noisy, and there are chemicals present in the material. Although laminate floors can be designed to look like high-quality materials such as stone tile and hardwood, it is not an exact replica. The discerning eye will be able to tell the difference.
Stone Tile Vs. Laminate Tile Flooring
Both stone time and laminate tile are popular choices. In general, both are installed in areas that are moist such as bathrooms, kitchens, and utility rooms. Though they share some similarities, they are also quite different. Learn more similarities and differences between each below.
- Price: Laminate tile and stone tile have comparable costs. Where they differ is the cost of installation. Stone tile requires more skill, time, and materials. Whereas laminate tile can be installed relatively quickly and easily.
- Appearance: Laminate flooring technology gives it the ability to mimic the look of stone tile. However, it will not look exactly the same and the feel will be different. Additionally, you do not have to worry about grout discoloration with laminate floors like you do will with stone tile.
- Durability: Both materials are durable. Each can withstand heavy foot traffic are not likely to be dented or scratched. However, if repairs are needed, stone tile is more expensive to repair and/or replace than laminate tile flooring.
- Moisture Resistance: Stone tile and laminate tile are water-resistant. However, laminate tile is not water-resistant like stone tile. It is more susceptible to water damage.
How Long Will it Take to Install Laminate Floors?
Before installing laminate flooring in Seattle, you will typically need to give it a few days to acclimate in your home’s environment. You will also need to remove all the furniture in the room. Once these two steps are completed, it generally takes contractors about one or two days per 1000 feet of laminate flooring to install.
The exact time it takes to complete the installation process will depend on the size of the project, complications that your contractor runs into, and the size of the team completing the job. At Home Care Contractors, we maintain open communication throughout the process so you can effectively plan your life around the installation process.
Finding a Laminate Flooring Contractor
Though laminate floors are easier to install than stone tile and hardwood, it still requires the expertise of a contractor that is experienced with laminate flooring in Seattle. When searching for a contractor the specializes in laminate flooring in Seattle, it is best to ask for proof of successful projects similar to yours that they have already completed.
Furthermore, inquire about their costs, payment schedule, estimated time to complete the job, and warranties that they offer. While the price is important, it is not everything. Much like anything else, you will get what you pay for. At Home Care Contractors, we are not the cheapest, nor are we the most expensive. Our prices are competitive and in alignment with industry standards. Be wary of any contractors that offer unrealistic prices because it is likely that they are cutting corners on quality, craftsmanship, and/or offer very limited warranties.
Work With Home Care Contractors
Your floors are an integral part of your home. Don’t trust them with just any contractor. At Home Care Contractors, we treat each project as if we were working on our own homes. We are the go-to company for laminate flooring in Seattle because we offer unrivaled craftsmanship, industry-leading warranties, and we deeply care about proving each customer with an unforgettable experience. If you are interested in learning more about laminate flooring in Seattle, contact us to request your free quote today.